Monday, March 9, 2009

ceramics

I am in love with this medium. I knew all that bottled up energy from the days (years actually!) of dreaming about taking a pottery class would all come rushing out, but I had no idea! It did take a while to get the basic technique down, and I'm still learning, but it is great fun. So far, I've made a few bowls and vases, with much help from my teacher. I'm at the point where I want to experiment; carving with linocutters, printing with lead lettertype, cutting out holes to thread with felted cords.

Tonight I think I'll give the letterpress idea a try.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clay is fun! I'm glad that you like it so much and that you have found a new way to express yourself!
That bowl looks great!

reya said...

Thanks! I'm am loving this pottery throwing. I ordered some glazes - white, yellow-brownish, and a dark turquoise color from Robbelien. They should be sending it off this week, so next week I can start glazing! Can't wait.